2014/08/31

organic food delivery (my pre-delivery opinion)

I tried something new and I thought I'd share my experience since it is food-related. So, I recently ordered organic fruit and vegetables from a local farm (approx 30km away from where I live).
So what you do is either put your own box together, which you can do online every week, or you can choose a certain size and subscribe to a weekly or biweekly delivery. If you subscribe, you can adjust the box yourself during the week before it'll be delivered. And if you don't want your usual subscription because you're on holiday or whatever, you can easily cancel it with no extra charges. After your first order they call you to discuss all the details and the lady I talked to was really nice and helpful! So they have great customer service as well. At least the service I use!

So what I did was a one-time-only order to try them out, but if I like the quality of the fruit & veg I'll subscribe to a weekly delivery.

All you do is buy your organic food online and have it delivered to your door. The service I use comes to my town every wednesday anyways so there's no extra pollution due to additional transportation going on, which makes it a little inflexible as in "the perfect timing for me being at home", but if you're not home they can leave your order in a safe place, with your neighbors or whatever you're asking them to do. And I think it just makes more sense than driving the same route several times a week b/c the delivery time is a little inconvenient for someone.

So as you've probably noticed I'm a little hyped about that :D
It'd just make a lot of things much easier for me, I mean I don't have a car so carrying groceries is not exactly fun, esp. if you're not supposed to carry heavy stuff, my local organic shop is a 20 minute walk away (make that 30 on the way back home) and when classes start again, I won't be home until late most days, so I'm really not up for the whole getting groceries thing. Esp. with the cold and rainy season coming up it's much more comfortable ;)
Also it makes eating healthy easier, because they deliver it right to your door! The only thing you have to do is cook it, or make a salad or whatever you're ordering (they offer bread and other organic foods as well). Easy-peasy I'd say!
Another great thing is you actually get to try several new things which are in season in your area. I strongly believe that the food which grows locally nourishes you best for local weather conditions! And it's so great to be able to try out small portions of new fruit and veg! (This week I'm trying swiss chard for the very first time and I'm pretty excited about it! New recipe will come up if I like it!)
Also I think /hope it'll save me some money because I don't get into "oh I need this and that and 500 other things that are not on my shopping list"-thing.

So yes, I am raving about it and can't wait for my first delivery of fresh organic fruit and vegetables :)
I'll keep you posted about my impression when I got my order! So far I think it's an absolute must-do to make your life easier.

Let me know what you think and your experience if you tried a local service!
Julia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)