2014/08/17

fast food - part 2 - Kisir

Today I want to share my recipe for Kisir (turkish couscous salad)
it only takes 15-20 minutes and is super healthy, filling and yummy :)

ingredients:

  • couscous + boiling water
  • cucumber
  • tomatoes
  • tomato purée
  • spring onion
  • parsley
  • salt, pepper, olive oil, paprika powder, ground cumin
  • lemon juice
The traditional recipe contains mint, but I'm not really a fan of too much mint, so I don't add any.
Optional are garlic, onions, bell peppers and additional seasonings like chili.

preparing the salad:
  • prepare the couscous according to the package instructions with boiling water and the seasonings.
  • while the couscous is soaking cut the vegetables and parsley (you can actually use frozen parsley but then add it to the couscous before soaking it)
  • stir the tomato purée into the couscous. You might need to add some more water for easier stirring.
  • now stir in the cucumber, tomatoes, spring onion and fresh parsley (and mint or other veg you're using)
  • season with lemon juice and olive oil (and probably more spices) to taste
I think it tastes best when you allow the salad to sit for a while (15 minutes is enough) to infuse the seasonings.

I've made this salad for friends already and they loved it! Also I made it pretty often after I found out how easy it is to prepare.

I assume you can add a lot of optional things! Be creative and let me know in the comments or on Facebook how it turned out! I think sweet corn or chopped walnuts would be good as well.

Enjoy and remember, healthy vegan food can be quick and easy! :)

Julia
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)