2016/11/04

Pressure cooker potato and split pea soup

Today I threw a quick soup together. Nothing fancy but damn well delicious for a cold fall or winter day! And it's so quick 'n' easy to make:

2 cups chopped potatoes
2 cups chopped carrots
1 cup frozen corn kernels
1/2-3/4 cup chopped onion
1 cup yellow split peas

Spices: use whatever you like, but I used: nutmeg, cayenne pepper, garlic powder  (you can use fresh, I just took the lazy route today), vegetable broth (the powdered kind)

Add 5-7 cups of water, depending on desired consistency.

Then cook 12-15 minutes on manual with high pressure and let pressure release naturally for a while (sorry, I didn't time it I just waited a few minutes and then did a quick release!)
You can also make this on the stove top, but it'll take about 30-40 minutes to cook, depending on the split peas you use!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)