2016/08/07

Winterporridge

I know it's summer, but the weather is more like fall most of the time so I'm already very much in comfort-food-mode!
So today I came up with a new combination for porridge and it tastes a lot like Christmas :)

I cooked it in my rice cooker to make it a hassle free meal but you can make it on the stove top as well!

- 3/4 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup ground nuts (I used almonds and hazelnuts 1/4 cup each)
- Cinnamon
- 1 handful of dried fruit, chopped (I used apples, but would've added raisins as well if I had any)
- 1-1.5 cups plant based milk (I used oat milk)
- 1.5-2 cups of water
(You need a total of 3 cups of liquid, you can divide them as you wish or even use water only, it's not as creamy though!)

Mix everything together and cook for 5-10 minutes. If you're using a rice cooker make sure NOT to close the lid!! Then switch your rice cooker to "warm", close the lid and let sit for 20-30 minutes until your oatmeal is soft :)
You can add fresh fruit or nuts if you like! I'd say banana and pecans would be a great addition ;)

I'm so looking forward to having this for breakfast tomorrow!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting :)